Frequently Asked Questions
Your license number can be found in the program. Go to help -> about EQS for Windows. The serial number at the bottom of the box is your license number. If you have difficulty finding it, please send us an email asking for your license number.
Data and Models Supported by EQS
EQS will run just about any data. Please send specific data questions about particular models to email@example.com
Why does EQS not launch?
There is one additional step to make EQS compatible with Windows 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11. First of all, you must have admin privilege to run EQS on your Windows although you don’t need to login to the administrator’s account. Here is the procedure
1. Right click on EQS 6.3 for Windows icon on your desktop.
2. Choose Properties from the pull down menu bar.
3. Click on Compatibility tab and check on “Run this program as an administrator” at the bottom.
4. Click the OK button to activate the change.
Hardware and Software Requirements
- IBM PC 486, Pentium, or compatibles.
- At least 8 MB of RAM.
- At least 15 MB of free disk space.
- MS Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
- 32 bit and 64 bit
EQS software can be ordered by any of the following methods:
· PURCHASE ORDER – Mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
· ONLINE ORDER – Visit Multivariate Software Online store to order EQS products.
Mainframe Licenses for EQS
EQS software can be installed on a LINUX operating systems running on Intel processor. Items come with a LINUX license include a text-based EQS program and program manual in PDF format.
PLATFORMS SUPPORTED BY EQS SOFTWARE
- LINUX on Inter processor
- MS Windows, Windows 95, 98, 2000, ME, NT, XP, Vista, 7, 8, 9, 10 and 11
Educational institution purchase orders may be mailed to:
SPSS File Import Capability
EQS for Windows version 5.6 and higher imports SPSS files directly.
Network License For EQS
EQS can be installed on Windows NT or Novell networks, or any other comparable network. However EQS is licensed to the USER, not the terminal and may only be used by the licensed user at the licensed site. A network or multi-user license is necessary for installation of EQS on a network. Please contact Multivariate Software for more details.
EQS for computer lab license includes EQS software, one (1) EQS program manual and one (1) EQS user’s guide. Additional program manuals and user’s guides are available for purchase.
ANNUAL RENEWABLE NETWORK LICENSE
Valid renewable license receives free upgrades to all new software versions.
Sample Size Limitations
The sample size restriction in EQS for Windows 5.7b is about 8000 cases when using EQS data reader (*.ess format). However, there is no limit when reading the raw data directly to EQS input statement. There is no real limit with EQS for Windows 6.0 either in ess or raw data format.